Thursday, January 10, 2013


We stepped off the ship onto a whole new world. My older brother reached down and grabbed for my hand. He smiled and pulled me close to him. Our dad had sent us on the boat to come to this new world. I had been in the other room but I had still heard what my mother had told my brother, Jarred. She said "my good son please take care of your little sister. Stay together and if you get separted promise you will find her again once you are through." He had agreed.
   Our parents took us to the boat. As we boarded we waved and tears were shed. I hugged my brother the whole way there. The ship ride was long and horrible. When we got there they separated us and checked me for everything. They said things I could not understand. They asked for my name. I knew that I told them and they spelled it wrong. I they gave me some packet and told me to go to a place. I found my way out and went to a fountain. I waited for my brother. He didn't come.

No comments:

Post a Comment